How to Create a Great Landing PageJune 15, 2016
How a simple landing page can drastically change positively the image of your business?
Actually almost every website has a landing page, but only few are developed with the proper way.
Let's start from what is a landing page. A landing page is the first page a visitor sees when on your site. So every single page in your website can be considered as a landing page.If a visitors searches "your portfolio" along with your company name, your portfolio page becomes a landing page for the specific search.
There are a lot of kinds of landing pages which serve different purposes.
A great landing page has 4 essential features:
1. A great headline that talks to the potential buyers, intrigues them by giving them a rough idea of what you do and how you can benefit them.
2. A great sub-headline (optional, but helpful) that illustrates exactly what you do and makes you sound capable and important.
3. Obvious call to action. It needs to stand out and yet be a part of the overall conversation. Behave as though it were saying: “Sounds good? Let’s get started then!” Oh, and feature just one CTA prominently. Too many, and your message can get muddled.
4. Supporting visuals. This can be a video too. Show them what it would be like to use your product and remove the guesswork.
The strongest benefit comes when a CTA is posted where an interested prospect will bump into it.
So this page includes...
- Relevant logo and branding
- A concise and clear description of the product
- The price in sub-heading
- A repeat of the sub-heading/most important value proposition
- A list of services
- Images of the products in action
The trends in landing pages are constantly changing. Video based landing pages have caught on big time in the last couple of years.
Some analyists clame that the video embedding versus images in landing pages is much more effective The actual results are not as clear cut as you might think. Each project is different and in some cases it is better to use an image instead of a video.
In general the landing page must stands out from the croud. Do not over use CTA buttons. Balance is the secret ingredient in a successful landing page.